Ahh pinterest! Thanks for inspiring us with this awesome auburn red ombré. Fall hair is all about red, and right now we’re loving auburn hues. Here’s a super easy way to get the auburn red ombré look at home on dark hair.
- Hair lightener
- Color: 5R(Medium Red) + 7RC (Dark Strawberry Blonde) + 10 volume developer (4 oz.) (Brand: AGE-BEAUTIFUL-Purchased at Sally’s)
- Zelo Keratin Conditioner
- CONTROL PLUS 12-in-1 Spray
- Ombré your hair: Since I have naturally dark (level 2) hair I used an ombré kit to lighten my hair to a level 6/7. I followed left my roots dark and created an ombré pattern: DIY Ombré tutorial HERE
- After lightening, cleanse and blow-dry your hair completely. Follow the manufacturers instructions: Mix entire tube (2 oz. each) of 5R + 7RC + 4 oz. of 10 VOL developer in a non metallic bowl, apply the product to your lightened hair, and about an inch higher than where your ombré begins.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly but don’t shampoo. Apply Zelo Keratin Conditioner to your hair to seal your cuticles and protect the color and leave this in your hair for 15 minutes before rinsing and styling.
- PROTECT: Always, ALWAYS use a thermal protector to protect your red hair from fast fading. Use CONTROL PLUS 12-in-1 Spray, before blow-drying and heat styling to protect your color from heat and UV ray fading. Get it HERE.